Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Papadopoulos prior to your surgical date for instructions.